Wednesday 7 October 2009

home

yesterday i stepped from the plane and the first word to leave my mouth was "warmth!" i knew that i was really excited to see people here in texas, but didn't realize how happy i would be to actually be in texas.

and it's made me realize and thank God for an incredible gift He has given me. there's this line in a poem called "The Vision" (one of my favorites) that goes like this:

"people write their address in pencil and wonder at their strange existence..."

in the last 5 years i've called 3 different places home. but none of them are home because that's where i unpack my suitcase.
it's the friends-the family-i find. it's the joys and the heartaches, the jokes and the tears that catch my heart and attach me to these places.

and that's an incredible gift.
no matter how sad i am to leave home and loved ones, within 10-15 hours i'm stepping off a plane and being welcomed home again by family. :)
so who knows how many times my address might change in the next 5 years? because of His goodness and His faithfulness, it really doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment